* (Frans Mäyrä & SAGE Publications) Preparing for a Games Studies Project
* Companion website to the textbook An Introduction to Game Studies: Games in Culture by Frans Mäyrä, published by SAGE Publications Ltd. http://gamestudiesbook.net/
* IGDA International Game Developers Association http://www.igda.org/academia/events.php for academic events, http://www.igda.org/content/reports.php for papers and reports (on casual gaming, mobile games, etc.), articles on topics such as game accessibility and anti-censorship see http://www.igda.org/articles/
* Handbook of Computer Game Studies by Jeffrey H. Goldstein
* Gaming: Essays On Algorithmic Culture (Electronic Mediations) by Alexander R. Galloway
* First Person: New Media as Story, Performance, and Game by Pat Harrigan, Noah Wardrip-Fruin (Editor), Michael Crumpton
* Rules of Play: Game Design Fundamentals by Katie Salen, Eric Zimmerman
* Man, Play and Games by Roger Caillois, Meyer Barash (Translator)
* The Game Design Reader: A Rules of Play Anthology by Katie Salen & Eric Zimmerman
* Computer Games: Text, Narrative and Play by Dianne Carr, David Buckingham, Andrew Burn & Gareth Schott (2006)
* Beyond Barbie and Mortal Kombat: New Perspectives on Gender and Gaming edited by Yasmin B. Kafai, Carrie Heeter, Jill Denner and Jennifer Y. Sun (2008)
* Jennifer Jenson – here are some of her publications:
- Jenson, J. Brushwood-Rose, C., & Lewis, B. (2007). Policy Unplugged: Dis/connections between technology policies and practices in Canadian Schools. Montreal: McGill-Queen’s University Press.
- de Castell, S. & Jenson, J. (Eds.) (2007). Worlds in Play: International Perspectives on Digital Games Research. New York: Peter Lang Press.
- Jenson, J., Taylor, N. & de Castell, S. (2007). Shifting Design Values: A Playful Approach to Serious Content. E-Learning, 4, 4, pp. 497-507.
* Canadian Game Studies Association (Jenson & de Castell & Taylor a part of this)